Monday, June 18, 2012

Set Sail


Sometimes I feel that there are times in my life where I self reflect and look back at all the interesting people I've met and bonded with. Some go, some stay and some come back from that of which is the ocean of life. The tides are always turning and and bringing forth situations that you would have never thought come your way.
Something like that had happened this past week.
I was with my lovely friend Lily. She had me come over to her house to cook some lunch. While watching her get the ingredients out of her fridge for our lunch, I noticed a huge elaborate henna tattoo across her delicate shoulder blades. It was a tree, with flowers and designs blossoming from the tips of the branches. The roots of the tree had little curly cues kind of reminding me of shirley temple hair. Her wonderful older sister McKenna found the design online and made it. McKenna is very skilled in the art of baking, crafting and creating things, but I'll touch base on that another time.
Lily and I decided to make some delicious homemade pizza.



Yum.
Anyway, after we ate at her house, which is decorated with wine corks and fine candles, I got a text.
A very interesting text from a friend of mine I had not seen in quite some time.
Stephen.
He was inviting us out to go sailing.
Now, me being the adventurous one I immediately said yes. Lily on the hand, was not to quick to say yes. However she was an awesome sport and decided to go along.
We hit the dock at around 2:30. While climbing out of our car, Stephen pulled up alongside us in his "family wagon" bus. There smacked across his face was a huge goofy smile.
Stephen is one of those people who is just so happy to be alive.
He enjoys having fun, no matter how much of a logical person he is.
He is one I would call an adventurist.
Stephen simply loves to do things because they're dangerous and exciting.
The three of us then put the sailboat together and off we were into the lake. It was such a good time. Stephen was such a little shit and kept trying to scare us by jokingly making attempts to capsize the boat.
Many choice words flew out of my screaming mouth due to the fact of how terrified of lake water I am.
Especially dirty lake water.
Blarg!
Anyway, we made a great team, and sailed across the lake no problem.
Well, besides the "Stephen being a shit" problem.
I snapped some good pictures of lovely Lily and snarky Stephen taking the boat apart after we docked.
What have you done that left a tangy flavor on your adventurist taste buds?     
Stephen Smiling XD.

Miss Lily taking down a sail.

BOATS!!!

Rolling up a sail!

annnnnnnnnd two times the charm.


No comments:

Post a Comment